Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Catching Up: Kikoi Patterns

 

Have you heard of Kikoi Patterns?  Susan, the designer, has some really cute patterns on her etsy shop, simple and really sweet.  This particular dress is called the Red Dress. 

This is a really quick and easy sew.  The wrap can go in the front or the back of the dress.  Personally, I love it in the back.

These pictures are a couple of months old.  I miss the sunshine already.   Below is a more recent sew from the same designer. This one is a winter coat, made of wool suiting in a lovely lavender herringbone and faux fur trim on the collar and cuffs.


If you are  a visual person, you will love her patterns.  All the steps are accompanied by a picture.   

My goal this year is to transition S's wardrobe into all handmade.  I've been collecting patterns for all seasons.  So far this school year, she has worn at least one handmade item everyday. 

I'll keep you posted as the year goes on.  Happy fall sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for commenting! you've made my day!