Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Pattern Anthology's W Pants

Have you seen Pattern Anthology's new fall collection?  It's called the Alphabet Collection and has some pretty cool mix and match separates.  I was lucky enough to test the W pants, designed by Melissa Mora of Blank Slates Patterns and Melly Sews.

I was asked to make the size 5 shorts option.  Unfortunately, they ended up being too big on S, but we have a neighbor that was able to fit into them.


That's a working zipped fly there.  My first.  It takes a little bit of effort, but Melissa explains it pretty well. 



And this is the reason these pants are called the W pants.  The pattern has options for 1 or 2 zip pockets, or welt pockets in the back.


 I love these shorts.  I'm planning on making a pair of the pants for S pretty soon.   

The Alphabet Collection is only available for the next couple of weeks at a discounted price and includes all four pieces.     Besides the W pants, the collection includes a jacket, a raglan tee, and a vest. 

And thanks to our sweet, goofy, neighbor girl for modeling.

3 comments:

  1. Fun shorts! I like the back detail.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here! keep up the good work... https://macmillermerchandise.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info. wholesale clothing suppliers

    ReplyDelete

thanks for commenting! you've made my day!