Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Figgy's Scirrocco Dress


I've had this dress cut out for at least 2 months now and finally got around to sewing it up yesterday.  This is Figgy's Scirocco Dress made in rayon challis.  If you've never had the chance to work with challis before, it has a dreamy silky hand and a lovely, light weight.  More solid and resilient than silk,  this really is the perfect fabric for all those layers of flounces on the skirt. 


When this pattern first came on the scene, I was hesitant about the cutout on the back.  Remember my rant on modesty?  I even contemplated somehow covering up that little triangle of exposed skin.




 
 
But because I couldn't really come up with a decision, I decided to make the dress as-is and worry about it later.  Turns out, I really love that cut-out.  The twist on the back is a unique and lovely feature of this dress and that little triangle shows it off perfectly.   


S is looking like a big girl with her new haircut.  We are working on her angry, bored child-model expressions.  I hope to get her on this pinterest board someday.  Go check it out for a good laugh.

3 comments:

  1. that's so cute! love that fabric and her haircut looks great!! the cut-out doesn't seem too grown up for this dress, it's perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah the dress is gorgeous and fits her so well!! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute dress! I like the polkadots and the cutout in the back!

    Navy Wifey Peters @ Submarine Sunday Link Party

    ReplyDelete

thanks for commenting! you've made my day!