Monday, April 29, 2013

Spring KCW 2013: Skater Dress

Ok folks, my last finished project for KCW: the Skater Dress  from Kitschy Coo.




I made a size 5/6 and it is obviously way too big.  So we will save this for next summer; definitely sizing down is a good idea.  On the other hand, the pattern is super easy with very clear instructions.
 
Honestly, with these knit dresses, most of the time I don't even read the directions anymore, but this time I did.  She gives some good tips on sewing with knits and walks you through hemming with double and single needles on a regular sewing machine, and even has instructions for coverstitches.


I might add some sort of embelishment to this dress.  Maybe some machine embroidery?


All in all, this KCW has been the most productive yet.  There were two days when I didn't do my hour, but more than made up on those other days when I did 4 to 5 hours.  I stuck with very simple and easy projects that I knew would get a lot of wear, and concentrated my effort and energy on replenishing S's wardrobe.  I made a total number of 7 items: 2 pairs of leggings, 1 pair of shorts, 2 dresses, and 2 tops.

Come back tomorrow when I will show you some stuff I've made for B!  One of which includes pattern testing for Heidi & Finn...

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for commenting! you've made my day!