Friday, March 9, 2012

Tova Top!

It's hard to believe but it's been about 10 years since I've made an item of clothing for myself.  My wedding dress no less.  But the long hiatus has ended with this lovely top. 


  I had seen photos of Wiksten's Tova Top all over sewing blogland but balked at the price.  Who would spend 30 plus dollars on a pattern when you could get them for a dollar or 2 at JoAnn's?    Then my friend Gail  made not one but 2 really cute shirts.  After stalking the Wiksten shop for a few weeks, I was finally able to get my hands on a pattern.  


This top is super-flattering for any figure, but especially for those of us who have an extra roll or two in the tummy area, which I am going to blame on the birthing of two kids and not the bag of cheetos I had with my lunch.

I've discovered that it's really really hard to take photos of myself.   But here's a closer look.


And here's one with the other arm down.  By the way, the fabric is Lisette Lawn from JoAnn's.

The greatest compliment of all?  When S saw me wearing my Tova Top, she asked, "Where's my shirt like yours?"  A mini-tova?  Stay tuned. 

8 comments:

  1. oh it's beautiful! looks like a great fit, too. definitely want to see your mini tova!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. there's a couple of patterns that i think i can modify to get the same look. we'll see.

      Delete
  2. Looks great! I saw that the pattern is downloadable now too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah i went back to take a look; a third of what i paid! you should get it linh, definitely worth it at that price.

      Delete
  3. so cute, trinh!! it looks amazing on you, too - super flattering! nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Turned out beautiful - I love the fabric you chose. Very classic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been eyeing this pattern for a while. So many pretty versions all over the 'nets! I love it in this soft lawn. I'm too pregnant to try it now, but it looks like the perfect top for postpartum and nursing. Hmmmm ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah it's the perfect after-pregnancy transition shirt. really covers up the tummy area.

      Delete

thanks for commenting! you've made my day!