Thursday, December 22, 2011

Teacher Presents and Pajama Day

Yeah, I know, not a very creative title.  I've been laid low by a cold that is seriously sapping my crafting energy.  I did, however manage to make handmade christmas presents for s's teachers.


I made these bags from home dec fabric I had laying around.  The pattern is the sweetheart shopper by Keyka Lou.  I simplified the pattern by ommitting the lining and button closure.  It's more of a grocery tote than a handbag as I was going for cute but functional. 


The last day of school before winter break was Pajama Day.  I asked S the night before which PJ she wanted to wear and she told me she wanted the purple one with the princesses on it.  Apparently, while I was moving my fabric stash to their new home, she had spotted some purple princess fabric that I  had purchased a while ago, probably to appease her so I could shop in peace.  And so it was that I found myself making pajamas at 9:00pm the night before they were supposed to debut.



The bottoms are from a simplicity pattern in size 2.  It was a perfect fit except for the length but that was all the fabric I had to work with.  The top is the The Sweet Little Dress by Leila and Ben.  I used a fold over elastic for the collar.  The sleeves and hem are serged using a rolled hem.  It was over and done with in a couple of hours.

S was super excited about her new jammies.  She wore them all day and that night.  The next morning she woke up and very sincerely thanked me for her princess jammies.   

3 comments:

  1. oh that's so sweet, trinh! NOW you know what you need to do to get her to like your home-sewns! PRINCESS EVERYTHING!!!! merry christmas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love those bags...kekya lou patterns are the greatest. cute princess jammies too. hope you're over your cold, we should get together soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh - cute bags! What a great idea for teacher gifts. The PJ's are cute too - she's lucky to have you sewing jammies at 9PM! :-)

    ReplyDelete

thanks for commenting! you've made my day!