Sunday, December 18, 2011

The Mallory Cowl done in Butterball wool

One of the things I love about Portland is the thriving farmer's market scene.  There seems to be one in every neighborhood and more popping up all the time.  Even out in the 'burbs where we live the farmer's market is a great place to while away a summer's morning.  And although I do appreciate the local produce I am really there for the few craft stalls scattered amongst the fruits and vegetables.

Towards the end of the season last summer I came across a stall with a few knitted items, but what caught my attention was a woman sitting at a spinning wheel spinning her own yarn.  After talking to her for a few minutes I left with a skein of yarn that she had spun herself.  The sheep, she told me. was named butterball.  In case I needed more of the same type of yarn,  I would just need to let her know the name of the sheep and she would be able to match the yarn.

Tbis is the cowl I made out of Butterball's wool.  The pattern is the Mallory Cowl by luvinthemommyhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for commenting! you've made my day!