Thursday, April 14, 2011

Ruffle Joy Skirt

The name of the pattern for this skirt just about describes it perfectly. And yes, finally I have made something for baby b. This incredibly cute pattern is by Bridget & Lucy and can be found here. The directions were fairly simple; you can actually use pre-cut jelly roll strips for the ruffled layers though I did cut up my own strips from fabrics I had on hand. The tulle also comes in 6-inch pre-cut rolls. The most exciting part of the process of making this skirt was that I got to use the rolled hem feature on my serger. The hemming was done so easily and fast. And the end result is a beatifully finished skirt! I'll post pictures of Baby B. crawling around in her skirt when the big day comes for her to wear it. And yes, I am talking about her 1 year birthday celebration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for commenting! you've made my day!